Frequently Asked Questions
How can I pay?
Please sign up and pay online before the class, this will reserve your board for class. If for any reason you are unable to you can pay by card, cash, or check in person.
How do I sign up?
Sign up on the Prices & Sign-up page and follow the directions below.
Choose your appointment type. Then select a date from the options on the calendar. Be sure to specify if you need to rent a board or if you will be bringing your own (select from options above the calendar). Next, fill out your personal information. Finally, enter your payment info. You should get a confirmation email with the details of your appointment.
I can barely do yoga, or balance on a board; how can I do both?
The yoga sequence that we do is very simple with modifications for all skill levels. If you are nervous about falling in stay lower to the board and know your limit. Our SUP Yoga classes are very beginner friendly, with variations for all skill levels.
What should I wear?
Sunblock, secure swimsuit, light clothing (something that won't weigh you down if you go in the water, non-cotton). Water shoes are nice for getting in and out of the water (even if it's just sandals or sneakers that you don't mind getting wet). If it is a colder day wear layers and bring a towel and dry clothes in case you get wet. We have a safe place to lock valuables during class.
What should I bring?
Don't bring anything of value onto the water with you. There is always a chance of losing things that come out onto the paddle board.
You can pay for class with credit, cash, or check and lock your belongings in our truck or your own car. We can hold onto keys during class.
If you have a water bottle with a clip or a carabeener it is nice to bring drinking water, just make sure you can secure it to the board. Only bring sunglasses and hats if you are okay losing them or you have a way to secure them to yourself.
Do I need to bring my own board?
No! You are able to rent a board from us! Just be sure to select this "Add On" option at check out. When you rent a board, we will provide a paddle and life vest. The fee for the class with board rental is $35.
What if I have my own board?
Great! Please bring your own paddle and life vest as well. The fee for the class without board rental is $25.
Will I get wet?
Yes! Even if you don't fall in you will get a little bit wet being on the water.
There is a chance that you will fall in, but it's part of the experience! We encourage all participants to be aware of their balance and we offer a variations of most poses so if you're feeling less stable you can stay more connected to the board. If you don't want to fall in keep your knee down in lunges, stay on your knees instead of coming to standing.
Do I need to know how to swim?
No! If you don't know how to swim we will ask that you wear a life vest the whole time you are on the water. If you are nervous around water, it is a great option to wear a life vest during class. We also recommend a private SUP class to get more comfortable if you're really scared to be on the water.
What is your cancelation policy?
Classes must be cancelled 4 hours before the class starts. If you cancel less than 4 hours before the class starts, you will not be refunded.
What if there is bad weather?
We keep a close eye on the radar and weather and will do our best to notify you 2 hours before class if we have to cancel. If we cancel class due to weather, you can reschedule at your convenience via email for a date that works for you.
What should I expect?
- You will meet us at the location 15 minutes before class starts (see the class page for detailed directions).
- Fill out our waiver.
- Get a parking pass (Pinckney class only)
- Then we'll get you a paddle, vest, and a board.
- Next we'll carry the boards to the water (the distance will depend on the location but we can help with this part if needed).
- Once everyone is ready we will put the boards in the water, be sure to get on your board on your knees.
- We will give detailed instructions on how to stand up if needed.
- We will paddle upstream or into the wind to a more sheltered area of the water for class.
- Class consists of about 40 minutes of guided poses and breathing, as well as paddling back up stream or back into the wind as we drift (some classes will be anchored).
- We'll have time to play around and try out some harder poses before savasana (which is like heaven on a board).
- Then it's back to shore! Leave feeling refreshed and relaxed :)